SINGAPORE, Nov 27, 2012 - (ACN Newswire) - Marking an overall growth of 14.6 per cent compared to its previous edition, OSEA2012, Asia's leading oil and gas business event, opens today at the Marina Bay Sands. Held till Friday 30 November 2012, the event features 1,475 exhibitors from 45 countries/regions, spanning the entire two levels of exhibition space totalling 31,720 square metres.
OSEA is constantly reinventing itself to stay relevant to current economic and business landscapes whilst continuing to showcase the latest engineering innovations arising from the evolution of the global Oil and Gas Industry. This year, industry leaders and promising SMEs from around the world will be bringing exciting new breakthroughs and products from the offshore to onshore, shipyards to rigging and production to processing sectors. Some 25,000 industry attendees are expected to visit the event.
"The evolving focus for OSEA echoes the development and changing requirements taking place, giving attendees invaluable insight into current and new industry trends while providing them with the opportunity to connect with peers and potential customers," says Mr. Chua Buck Cheng, Project Director for Engineering Events, Singapore Exhibition Services (SES).
"It will be an exciting week for all attendees at OSEA2012 and we are confident they will have a very fulfilling week networking and sourcing the latest technologies and solutions."
Strong international support
This year, exceptional growth is seen in exhibition space occupied by several international group pavilions, re-affirming the internationality of OSEA and the event's continued relevance to the oil and gas industry in the region.
There will be 13 international group pavilions at OSEA2012, an increase of three groups from the last edition. France, Germany and Russia, are the latest newcomers and will be making their foray into the burgeoning Asian region at the event. Groups from China, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore and USA are also returning with significantly increased exhibition space. The China group pavilion is the largest at OSEA2012.
Stalwart exhibitors in full force
The event continues to enjoy strong support from stalwart returning exhibitors, including well-known industry names such as AllAlloy Dynaweld, BH Global, Canflex, Durasafe, Galperti, Gaylin, Gazprom, Keppel, Kiswire, KS Distribution, Leeden, PH Hydraulics, RICO, Semco Maritime, Siemens, Teledyne, TMK, Yantai CIMC Raffles and more.
OSEA2012 also welcomes a number of debutants, keen to extend their business in the Asian region at OSEA, including Bosch Rexroth, Damen Shipyards Gorinchem, Franklin Offshore, Kwong Soon Engineering, IRO - The Association of Dutch Suppliers in the Oil and Gas Industry, Marco Polo Marine, Rockwell Automation, Ten-Cate and The Subsea Well Response Project (SWRP) - a non-profit joint initiative of nine major oil and gas companies, BG Group, BP, Chevron, ConocoPhillips, ExxonMobil, Petrobras, Shell, Statoil and Total.
Exciting exhibition highlights
1) Damen Shipyards is showcasing its extensive innovative shipbuilding solutions and services and the new AHTS 200 vessel design
2) Galperti's new manufacturing facility in Malaysia officially opens on 27 November. Galperti offers transportation to and fro the facility for interested OSEA2012 visitors from 28 to 30 November
3) McDermott showcases key capabilities that support its Delivering Certainty efforts including its fabrication yards in Indonesia and China, as well as its Global Graduate Development Programme
4) Meet Bridon and find out how they installed cable assemblies and locked-coil ropes for the Singapore Flyer. Bridon is unveiling new, state-of-the-art ropes that will help offshore operators reach new depths
5) With its recent IPO, Gaylin International is actively expanding into global markets. Find out more about its new 100,000 square feet facility in Malaysia which will be in operation by end 2012
6) Durasafe, Singapore's leading supplier of premium and exclusive industrial, marine and oil & gas safety products from the world's top manufacturers, is promoting the world's first designer safety retail and online store at OSEA2012
7) Pacific Radiance is currently developing a state-of-the-art shipyard in Singapore, covering a land area of 32,000 square metres, focusing mainly on ship repair
8) Check out the US group pavilion where a diverse range of industries from instrumentation to a variety of components manufacturers will be represented
9) See the best of German innovation and technology at the Germany group pavilion supported by the Bavarian Ministry of Economic Affairs, Infrastructure, Transport and Technology and VDMA
10) The Russia group pavilion, one of the new international pavilions at OSEA2012, has the biggest ever group participation, with Gazprom EP International, DMNG JSC, Marine Arctic Geological Expedition (MAGE JSC), A.R.T. Logistics and others highlighting a wide range of services
Illustrious think-tanks and experts at OSEA2012 International Conference
With demand for energy increasing, especially in Asia, debate continues on the role of gas in meeting the region's needs. Industry professionals can expect to network and exchange the latest knowledge with peers and leaders at the OSEA2012 International Conference.
Refreshed for 2012, the OSEA2012 International Conference is structured into three tracks that delve into important topics such as the global outlook and its impact on Asia, commercial trends and challenges, revolutionary technological innovations in Natural Gas & LNG Developments, Offshore Development & Production and Safety Management, as well as a Technical Forum focusing on facilities engineering, enhancing production operations, and energy management and sustainability. The Conference will also impart to participants practical advice and tips to resolve current offshore production, HSE and technical challenges.
Leaders and practitioners of many of the world's leading companies from the oil and gas industry will be speaking at the conference. Chow Yew Yuen, Chief Operating Officer of Keppel Offshore & Marine and Chairman of Keppel Singmarine will be giving the Industry Address on meeting the challenges in the offshore and marine industry. John Westwood, Group Chairman of Douglas-Westwood will be presenting the Plenary Keynote "Reviewing Global Offshore Prospects: What you need to know for 2013" today, sharing his views on the prospects and challenges for the industry.
Notable speakers and track highlights
1) Riccardo Procacci from GE Oil & Gas and Dr. Reda Akdim from FMC Technologies will be presenting keynotes on LNG innovations and technologies
2) Keith Lewis from SWRP will speak on enhancing the international well incident response capabilities
3) Subir Ghosh of Damit Worleyparsons Engineering will focus his presentation on the successful completion of an offshore upstream brownfield project
4) Saleh Al-Rasheedi of Kuwait Oil Company will share his views on the benefits of a "Reservoir Analysis Tool" that has been developed by the company to improve reservoir management and bring wells back on production as part of their well depletion-containment strategy
5) Davide Scotti of Saipem will discuss how HSE initiatives in Saipem have demonstrated leadership commitment for sustained safety performance
6) Luciana Aboudib Sandri, Director of Jurong Aracruz Shipyard, Brazil will be presenting on "Offshore Development and Production: Espirito Santo State as the north gate to pre salt opportunities in Brazil" and discuss new business opportunities for goods and services, demand for professional qualification and innovation, and how Brazil is an important player in the international trade for oil, gas and oil-related products.
Date: 27 - 30 November 2012
Venue: Basement 2 & Level 1, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
Hours: 10.30am - 6:00pm daily
Admission: Business and trade professionals only
OSEA2012 International Conference
Date: 27 - 30 November 2012
Venue: Level 3, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore
Hours: 27 - 30 November: 9.30am - 4:30pm
Admission: Registered delegates only
About Singapore Exhibition Services (SES)
Singapore Exhibitions Services organises a portfolio of international tradeshows serving the Communications, Engineering, Machinery and Lifestyle industries. Its events consistently attract a high level of overseas participation with foreign exhibitors accounting for almost 80% of the show floor. Singapore Exhibitions Services is a member of Allworld Exhibitions Alliance, a global network with over 50 offices worldwide. For more information, please visit www.sesallworld.com.
Senior PR Executive
Singapore Exhibition Services
Tel: +65 6233 6635
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
Sectors: Gas & Oil, Nuclear, Energy
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.