|Tuesday, 27 October 2009, 22:10 HKT/SGT|
HONG KONG, Oct 27, 2009 - (ACN Newswire) - The CASBAA Convention 2009, organised by the Cable & Satellite Broadcasting Association of Asia (CASBAA), will be held on November 4th and 5th at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Hong Kong.
Asia has continued to power dynamic change and global growth in the pay-TV industry in the past year, fuelled by increased co-operation between content providers and pay-TV operators with a range of regulatory initiatives and new technologies.
The most influential Asian industry event of the year, CASBAA Convention 2009 unites leading visionaries and influencers from the pay-TV business across 14 markets and 315 million subscribers.
John Tsang, Financial Secretary, Hong Kong SAR Government, will open the CASBAA Convention 2009, featuring a roster of global media leaders:
- Subhash Chandra, Chairman, Zee Entertainment Enterprises
- David Haslingden, CEO, Fox International Channels and National Geographic Channels Worldwide
- Jeffrey Cole, Director, Center for the Digital Future, USC Annenberg School for Communication
- Hideaki Kido, Senior Managing Executive Officer, Group President, Broadcasting Business Group, SKY Perfect JSAT Corporation
- Kim Williams, CEO, FOXTEL
- Lalit Modi, Chairman and Commissioner, India Premier League
- Bernhard Glock, President, World Federation of Advertisers
- Ma Guoli, CEO and MD, Infront Sports & Media
- Ronnie Screwvala, CEO and Founder, UTV Software Communications
- Russell Wolff, Executive VP and MD, ESPN International
- Makoto Harada, Director-General, International Planning and Broadcasting Department, NHK
- Jean-Noel Tronc, Chairman and CEO, Canal Overseas
- Mark Hollinger, COO, Discovery Communications
- Li Feng, Founder, President and CEO, Beijing Netmovie
- Jed Meyer, MD, Media Services, Nielsen Greater China
The two-day Convention 2009 will feature a wide-ranging array of presentations, CXO panels and specialist sessions tackling the critical issues of the industry, exploring what and where the next big untapped opportunities are in the region and what they mean to industry players in Asia and rest of the world.
Notes to Editor:
1. Pre-registration is required for all members of the media. To obtain a media pass, please complete and return the attached Media Registration Form on or before 30 October 2009.
2. The CASBAA Convention Media Centre is located at Meeting Room 1201, 12/F, Grand Hyatt Hong Kong.
3. Snacks and light lunch will be served at the Media Centre during the Convention.
Casbaa is THE trade association for the video industry and ecosystem in Asia Pacific. It serves to make the video industry stronger and healthier through promoting the common interests of its members. Casbaa leads the fight against video piracy, publishes in-depth reports and hosts conferences and seminars aimed to support a vibrant video industry. For more information, visit www.casbaa.com.
Will Ip / Johnson Hui
Tel: +852 2107 4221 / 2131 8961
Fax: +852 2131 8955
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com
Tel: +852 2854 9943
Fax: +852 2854 9530
Topic: Press release summary
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2020 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.