|Tuesday, 5 February 2019, 15:33 HKT/SGT|
|(Acquisition of own shares in accordance with our Articles of Incorporation pursuant to Article 165, paragraph 2 of the Corporation Act )|
TOKYO, Feb 5, 2019 - (JCN Newswire) - DENSO Corporation, announced the status of acquisition of its own shares pursuant to Article 156 of the Corporation Act as applied pursuant to Article 165, Paragraph 3 of the Corporation Act, which was resolved at the board of directors meeting on October 31, 2018.
1. Type of shares repurchased : Common stock
2. Total number of shares repurchased: 69,000 shares
3. Total cost of shares repurchased : 328,181,300 yen
4. Acquisition period: January 1 to January 31, 2019
1. Details of the resolution concerned with acquisition of its own shares approved at the board of directors meeting held on October 31, 2018
(a) Type of shares to be purchased: Common stock
(b) Total number of shares to be purchased: Up to 6,000,000 shares; (0.76% of total outstanding shares)
(c) Total cost of shares to be purchased: Up to 30,000,000,000 yen
(d) Acquisition period: November 1, 2018 to March 31, 2019
2. Total number and value of shares repurchased pursuant to the resolution approved at the board of directors meeting held on October 31, 2018:
(a) Total number of shares repurchased: 3,351,510 shares
(b) Aggregate repurchased amount: 15,913,538,780 yen
DENSO is a $48.3 billion global mobility supplier that develops advanced technology and components for nearly every vehicle make and model on the road today. With manufacturing at its core, DENSO invests in its 221 facilities in 35 countries to produce thermal, powertrain, mobility, electrification, & electronic systems, to create jobs that directly change how the world moves. The company's 170,000+ employees are paving the way to a mobility future that improves lives, eliminates traffic accidents, and preserves the environment. Globally headquartered in Kariya, Japan, DENSO spent 9.3% of its global consolidated sales on research and development in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2019. For more information about global DENSO, visit https://www.denso.com/global.
Topic: Press release summary
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.