KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 23, 2010 - (ACN Newswire) - Five companies from India, Malaysia and Philippines were recognized for their outstanding initiatives in corporate social responsibility during the Asian CSR Awards 2010, which is a part of the 9th Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility (AFCSR) in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
YABhg Datin Paduka Seri Rosmah Mansor handed over the awards during the ceremonies. A special tribute was also given during the opening ceremonies yesterday to the late Tun Ismail Ali, a highly ethical and truly values driven banker and corporate leader who was a Founding Member of the Board of Governors of the Asian Institute of Management.
The winner of the Intel - AIM Corporate Responsibility Award was also recognized. The celebration was the culmination of the Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility conference, attended by 342 delegates from 27 countries and 245 companies.
The Asian CSR Awards, co-presented by Intel, is Asia's premier Awards program on corporate social responsibility. This year's awards attracted entries 141 entries representing 99 companies from 15 countries. It recognizes and honors companies in Asia for their projects and programs in corporate social responsibility. The Awards are given in five categories: Best Workplace Practices, Concern for Health, Environmental Excellence, Poverty Alleviation and Support and Improvement of Education. Finalists and winners were determined through an exhaustive search and selection process that include the generation of entries, initial screening, short-listing by a panel of experts, and final judging.
The 2010 Asian CSR Awards Winners and Excellence Awardees are as follows:
I. Best Workplace Practices
Winner: MEASAT Broadcast Network Systems, Change & Talent Management Programme, Malaysia
- Smart Communications, Inc., Live Smart: Healthy U, Wealthy U, Happy U, Philippines
II. Concern for Health
Winner: UltraTech Cement Limited (Unit: Vikram Cement Works), Public Private Partnership for Physical, Mental and Social Well-Being through comprehensive Health Care Interventions among Rural Community, India
- Unilever Indonesia Tbk, Jakarta Stop AIDS, Indonesia
- Pilipinas Shell Petroleum Corporation, Movement Against Malaria, Philippines
III. Environmental Excellence
Winner: Aboitiz Equity Ventures, Aboitiz Race to Reduce, Philippines
- IBM Philippines, IBM Corporate Service Corps: Helping Create Interactive Flood Maps for a Smarter Philippines, Philippines
- The Link Management Limited, "Eco Terrace" at Lok Fu Plaza, Hong Kong
IV. Poverty Alleviation
Winner: Kraft Foods Philippines, Inc., FRESH (Future Resilience and Stronger Households), Philippines
- Tetra Pak Pakistan, Dairy Hub: A Community Dairy Development Program, Pakistan
- Shell Indonesia, Shell LiveWIRE, Indonesia
V. Improvement of Education
Winner: MEASAT Broadcast Network Systems, Kampus Astro, Malaysia
- Vestas Wind Technology India Pvt Ltd, Project little dreams - an holistic approach to education, India
The excellence awardee of the INTEL-AIM Corporate Responsibility Award (IACRA) went to Binalot Fiesta Foods. IACRA honors specific companies, NGOs, and organizations in Asia for excellent CSR projects in one or more of the following areas: Education, Community Involvement, Environmental Stewardship and Poverty Alleviation through providing innovative use of ICT.
The 2010 AFCSR is co-chaired by AIM Governors Ybhg. Tun Dato Seri (Dr.) Ahmad Sarji Bin Abdul Hamid and Ybhg. Tan Sri Dato (Dr.) Lin See Yan, and Mr. Ramon R. del Rosario, Jr. AFCSR is presented by the AIM RVR Center and co-presented by GTZ (German Technical Cooperation), and Intel; and runs in cooperation with AIM Kelab Malaysia and Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman - Center for Sustainable Development and CSR (UTAR/CSR).
AFCSR 2010 is also supported by Genting Malaysia Berhad as Platinum Sponsor. Its Official Industry Partners are Avantha Group, Fuji Xerox Co., Ltd., Lopez Group Foundation, Inc., and Oishi (Liwayway Marketing Corporation). The Coca-Cola Export Corporation, Sagittarius Mines, Inc, Permodalan Nasional Berhad, Malaysia Convention & Exhibition Bureau (MyCEB), Angsana Spa and Barista Coffee are Cooperating Partners.
AFCSR's notable partners include:
- ActionAid International Vietnam
- ASEAN Foundation
- Asia Pacific Philanthropy Consortium
- Asia Society
- Association of Certified Chartered Accountants
- Baltic Management Development Association (BMDA)
- Business Ethics Institute of Malaysia (BEIM)
- Business in the Community - UK
- Center for Development and Integration - Vietnam
- Center for International Business Ethics (CIBE) - China
- Centre for Social Markets - India
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)
- Chinese Federation of Corporate Social Responsibility (CFCSR)
- Community Business - Hong Kong
- Confederation of Asia-Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Council for Better Corporate Citizenship - Japan
- CSR Europe
- Euro-China Centre for Leadership and Responsibility at China-Europe
- International Business School (ECCLAR at CEIBS)
- Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative (GRLI)
- Habitat for Humanity International
- Indonesia Business Links
- International Business Leaders Forum
- Kenan Institute Asia
- League of Corporate Foundations - Philippines
- Makati Business Club
- Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Malaysian Institute of Management
- Management Association of the Philippines
- Management Institute for Social Change - Malaysia
- National Center for Sustainability Reporting - Indonesia
- Pacific Asian Consortium for International Business Education and Research
- Philippine Business for Social Progress
- Population and Community Development Association of Thailand
- PPM Institute of Management - Indonesia
- Responsible Business Initiative -- Pakistan
- Singapore Compact for CSR
- Women in Sustainability Action (WISA)
The Public Relations Partners are Integrated Public Relations - Malaysia as the Official PR Partner with APCO Worldwide - China, Creative Crest - India, SRI Vietnam and PR Society of Indonesia. Official media partners include ammado, ACN Newswire, ANC, BusinessWorld, Charitarian Magazine, China CSR Map, China Newswire, China Philanthropy Times, CSR Asia, Employer Magazine, The Green Channel, International Herald Tribune, Management Systems Asia, Philippine Daily Inquirer, philstar.com, Sin Chew Daily, Syntao, TBL, Trainer Magazine and Utusan Malaysia.
About Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility (AFCSR)
The AFCSR is the premier platform for showcasing CSR thought leadership and best practice in Asia. It was founded in the Philippines by the RVR Centre for Corporate Social Responsibility at the Asian Institute of Management (AIM). The AFCSR is the largest and longest-running CSR conference in Asia, with more than 500 delegates from 30 countries in attendance. It convenes annually in a different Asian location each year. The AFCSR features prestigious CSR Awards: the Asian CSR Awards and the Intel-AIM Corporate Responsibility Award for outstanding initiatives in four key areas - education, environment, health and poverty alleviation. It is co-convened by the AIM RVR Center for CSR and Asia Inc Forum. For more information, please visit www.asianforumcsr.com.
About AIM-RVR Center for Corporate Social Responsibility
The AIM RVR Center is a research and program center within the Asian Institute of Management (AIM). The main thrust of the AIM RVR Center is to undertake CSR-focused research relative to the competitiveness of corporations and their impact on society. The AIM RVR Center is one of the first research centers in the region to concentrate on CSR issues. The Center also provides consultancy and training services on CSR issues to organizations throughout Asia. The AIM is the Asian pioneer in international management education. For more information, please visit http://rvr.aim.edu.
About Asia Inc Forum
Asia Inc Forum (AIF) is a leading facilitator of business and public policy dialogue in ASEAN and the Asia Pacific region. AIF is the convener of the influential ASEAN 100 Leadership Forum and the co-convener of the Asian Forum for Corporate Social Responsibility (AFCSR). The company has a proud history of partnership with the APEC CEO Summit - the foremost meeting of business and government in the Asia Pacific region. For more information, please visit http://asiaincforum.com.
Source: Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility (AFCSR)
Topic: Awards received
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2019 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.