|Monday, 10 September 2012, 17:14 HKT/SGT|
Source: Spikes Asia
|Sponsored by Cheil Worldwide|
SINGAPORE, Sept 10, 2012 - (ACN Newswire) - Spikes Asia and Cheil Worldwide are once again teaming up to form the Spikes Asia Creative Academy, offering a unique learning opportunity for a select group of students from across Asia Pacific.
Aimed at inspiring young creative talent, the Academy's three-day programme is tailored to the needs of its students and includes tutorials and master-classes from top industry figures as well as participation in the Spikes Asia seminar and forum programme, giving them exceptional first-hand insight into the creative advertising and communications industry of which they will be a part of in the future. The Academy's activities will culminate in a graduation ceremony.
The students, currently in tertiary education studying advertising, marketing and communications, will be tutored by Noor Azhar, Senior Lecturer at the Singapore Polytechnic Design School. Noor practiced advertising as an art director at CreAds Advertising and Batey Ads and then went on to set up integrated brand communications agency Just Media (now JM Asia). Noor has tutored the Academy since 2009.
"The Spikes Asia Creative Academy will expand the students' knowledge and provide an unforgettable insight into the advertising and communications sectors, enhancing their skills and knowledge for when they embark on a career in the industry. We are delighted to continue working with Cheil Worldwide to deliver this exceptional learning platform and we look forward to welcoming this year's group of students," says Steve Latham, Director of Talent and Training for Spikes Asia.
Commenting on their Spikes Academy sponsorship, Nack-Hoi Kim, President and CEO of Cheil Worldwide says, "This will be our third year sponsoring the Spikes Academy, and we are very excited to be inviting 15 promising students in Asia to attend the festival this year. We have no doubt that these students will learn and be inspired from the industry leaders as well as the wonderful, rich programme which will be tailor-made for the group. I hope that this experience will inspire them to reach their fullest potential in their future endeavours."
This year's group of students who have earned a place on the 2012 Spikes Asia Creative Academy are:
- Allan Zhang, LaSalle College of the Arts, Singapore
- Marcus Yuen, LaSalle College of the Arts, Singapore
- Katrina Lam Tsz Ki, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Sylvia Lai Man Wai, University of the Arts London, Hong Kong
- Jovwy Kua, Saito College, Malaysia
- Lim Kwee Yen, Saito College, Malaysia
- Nur Arief Hidayat, Gadjah Mada University, Malaysia
- Paras Irshad, The City School, Pakistan
- David Lin, Ming Chunan University, Taiwan
- Xiaoyang Shen, Yunnan Art Design Univsity, China
- Pubudini Prasadika Hewa Wellage, Devi Balika Vidyalaya, Sri Lanka
- Pham Minh Dung, Royal Melbourne Institute of Technology, Vietnam
- Jaime Gabriel Jake Morales, University of Asia and the Pacific, the Philippines
- Jinuk Seok, Hong Ik Univiersity, Korea
- Soohye Kwon, Sogang University, Korea
Further information on Spikes Asia as well as details on registering to attend the Festival can be found at www.spikes.asia. Spikes Asia takes place from 16-18 September in Singapore.
Amanda Benfell, PR & Press Manager
Spikes Asia Festival of Creativity
Tel: +44 20 7728 4040
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
Source: Spikes Asia
Sectors: Broadcast, Film & Sat
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2023 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.