HO CHI MINH CITY, VIETNAM, Mar 12, 2013 - (ACN Newswire) - To meet the burgeoning demand for speciality coffee in Vietnam, there is an increasing need for professionally trained baristas. FoodHotelVietnam2013 (FHV2013), Vietnam's only international food and hospitality trade event, is looking to kick-start professional barista education for keen Vietnamese professionals, by bringing the Specialty Coffee Association of Europe (SCAE) Basic Barista Course to the event for the very first time.
A veteran coffee guru, Mr. Danny Pang has spent his career dedicated to discovering the many facets of coffee and the coffee business. An SCAE authorised trainer and Coffee Diploma System (CDS) certifier in this region, Danny will be conducting a two-hour course during FHV2013 to equip participants with the basic understanding, knowledge and skills to prepare and serve a great espresso beverage.
Expressing his enthusiasm and hopes for the development of the local barista profession, he says, "I hope to see Vietnam send a competitor to the World Barista Competition Stage to bring an increased awareness of its local culture and produce to an international audience."
As the world's second largest producer of coffee beans, the coffee culture is deeply entrenched in the daily lives of Vietnamese. Despite popularity of the local brew, rising incomes and an emerging middle class have increased the demand for more sophisticated lifestyle-oriented coffee flavours and products.
This growing trend prompted international coffee chains such as Canada's Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Australia's Gloria Jean's and American coffee giant Starbucks to establish a presence in the coffee imbued Vietnamese market.
These international chains introduced local coffee drinkers to a wide range of coffee varieties with unique flavours and creative presentations, thereby inciting the need for a pool of highly qualified local baristas. The newly trained baristas will serve to further spur the growth of not only the presence of international coffee franchises, but the continued development of local cafe culture as well.
Participants of the basic barista course that will be conducted at FHV2013 will gain a good prelude to attempting the SCAE Level 1 Barista Certification examinations, and achieve the title of being a SCAE Certified Barista thereafter.
The scope of the course will cover the following:
1. General Introduction to the Growing, Harvesting and Processing of Coffee
2. Acquire the knowledge on the variable factors of roasting profile, type of beans, water quality, temperature and pressure, water-to-coffee ratio, and grind and how they affect the taste of espresso coffee.
3. Identify and name the parts of the Espresso machine and grinder
4. Develop the skills and knowledge to calibrate the grinder to achieve the desired espresso beverage in accordance to the International Standards of World Barista Competition rules, and to use it as the base for all other coffee, e.g. Cappuccino, Cafe Latte, Macchiato, Long Black aka Americano or Lungo
5. Develop the skills and knowledge to stretch and texture the milk most suitable for making cappuccinos, cafe lattes and other milk-based coffee beverage in accordance with International WCE standards.
6. Develop the skills and knowledge to pour Cappuccinos and Cafe Lattes and know the difference.
7. Develop the understanding of how to maintain the espresso coffee machine and grinder to achieve optimal operation every time.
Date: Friday, 26 April 2013
Time: 1330hrs - 1630hrs
Saigon Exhibition & Convention Center
Registration: Ms. Debbie Ho, email@example.com
Food&HotelVietnam2013 - Show at a Glance:
Date: 24 - 26 April 2013, Wednesday - Friday
Venue: Saigon Exhibition & Convention Center (SECC),
799 Nguyen Van Linh, Tan Phu Ward,
Dist 7. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Opening hours: 0900hrs - 1700hrs
Admission: Business and trade professionals only
Visitor registration: http://www.foodnhotelvietnam.com/pre-registration
Food&HotelVietnam, Vietnam's premier food and hospitality sourcing and networking trade event, features at least 70% of overseas exhibitors in all its editions. Since its first edition in 2004, the event is now in its sixth showing, and will bring industry professionals in Vietnam high quality equipment, services and solutions currently available in the global marketplace. Food&HotelVietnam is organised by Singapore Exhibition Services Pte Ltd (SES) and co-organised by VCCI Exhibition Service Co Ltd.
Patricia Yee / June Seah
PR Executive / PR Manager
Singapore Exhibition Services
Tel: +65 6233 6637
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
Sectors: Trade Shows, Food & Beverage
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2023 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.