Nusa Dua Bali, Indonesia, July 29, 2013 - (ACN Newswire) - As the long tail of the global economic crisis continues to wreak havoc in many countries, Asia's economies are dealing with both great opportunities as well as great challenges. For many countries, the big question is how to ensure that the solutions and responses include the whole population. The challenge to states is inclusive growth.
This year's conference theme, CSR and the Challenge of Inclusive Growth: The Role of Social Innovation in Creating Lasting Impact, addresses the twin themes of social equity and scalable, innovative approaches. The focus is on sharing innovative approaches, lessons learned and continuing challenges involved in achieving societal outcomes that are both resilient and sustainable.
The conference is designed around a general framework for understanding the process involved in developing innovative approaches to addressing social concerns within a corporate frame. The framework takes into account the need to ensure that solutions are scalable and sustainable.
Some of the experts who will share their CSR experience include:
- Mercedes Barcelon-Senior Manager, Ayala Technology Business Incubator (Philippines)
- Cecille Calleja-VP for Public Relations and Corporate Affairs, Rapu-Rapu Mines, Inc (Philippines)
- Ashutosh Chadha-Director for Corporate Affairs in South Asia, Intel (India)
- Brian Dusza-Deputy Director of Economic Growth Office, USAID (Indonesia)
- Diane Eustaquio-Executive Director, PLDT IdeaSpace (Philippines)
- Bradley Googins-Associate Professor, Department of Organization Studies, Carroll School of Management, Boston College (U.S.A.)
- David Grayson CBE-Director, The Doughty Centre for Corporate Responsibility, Cranfield School of Management (U.K.)
- Tara Hammond-Area Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability Manager, Shangri-La Tanjung Aru (Malaysia)
- Michael Jacobson-Director, Corporate Responsibility, Intel (U.S.A.)
- David Laurence-Director, Australian Centre for Sustainable Mining Practices, University of New South Wales (Australia)
- Sam Y. S. Lee-Asia Director, The Academy of Business in Society (China)
- Thirawit Leetavorn-Senior Executive Vice President, Double A (1991) (Thailand)
- Rafael Lopa-Executive Director, Philippine Business for Social Progress (Philippines)
- Milosz Mogilnicki, Resident Advisor, Infrastucture Finance Team, U.S. Department of Treasury (Indonesia)
- Timothy Ong-Founder and Chairman, Asia Inc Forum (Brunei)
- Thomas Osburg-European Director for Corporate Affairs, Intel (Germany)
- John Riady-Executive Director, Universitas Pelita Harapan (Indonesia)
- Jonathan Sanchez-VP of Communications for Southeast Asia, Unilever (Singapore)
- Joseph Scaria, Resource Development Director, Habitat for Humanity Asia Pacific (Thailand)
- Regan Maria Schegg-Head, Strategic Business Development, Hilti Foundation (Liechtenstein)
- Yanti Triwadiantini, Executive Director, Indonesia Business Links (Indonesia)
- Rajitha Vinnakota, Head of Citizenship and Community Development, Citi Asia Pacific (Singapore)
Introduced in 2002 by the Asian Institute of Management-RVR CSR Center, the AFCSR's mission is to highlight innovative programs and best practices in CSR, to promote CSR as a key strategy in addressing public needs and problems, and to build a network of CSR practitioners across Asia.
This year's AFCSR is co-organized by Intel Corporation with Principal Hosts; First Pacific Company Ltd, Lippo Group and PT Indofood. The event is also supported by MetroTV as Platinum Sponsor, Chevron as Gold Sponsor and PT Baruna Raya Logistics as Cooperating Sponsor.
For more information on the conference, visit www.asianforumcsr.com, email email@example.com or call (632) 752-1208.
Mary Khristine A. Dizon
AIM RVR Center for Corporate Social Responsibility
T: +63 2 750 1010 Ext. 2154
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
Source: Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility (AFCSR)
Sectors: Trade Shows, Daily Finance
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2022 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.