|Festival of Media launches new award to recognize achievements of record-holding brands worldwide|
London, Feb 14, 2014 - (ACN Newswire) - Guinness World Records, the global authority on record-breaking achievement, today announces a worldwide partnership with the Festival of Media Conference and Awards series. Guinness World Records will partner with Festival of Media across its three flagship events - Festival of Media Asia Pacific (16-18 March, Singapore); Festival of Media Global (6-8 April, Rome, Italy) and Festival of Media LatAm (1-3 October, Miami).
The partnership sees the creation of a unique award category within the Festival of Media Awards, the premier media industry awards, across all three global events. The Record-breaking Brand award, sponsored by Guinness World Records, will celebrate and recognize the greatest record-breaking media campaigns of the last 12 months. The shortlist for the award will be selected by Festival of Media judges and the winner selected by the industry through public vote.
The inaugural Record-breaking Brand award will be awarded at Festival of Media Asia Pacific. Guinness World Records is pleased to announce that Festival of Media judges have selected fourteen record-breaking brands from across the APAC region for the first-ever Record-breaking brand award. Voting for the award opens on the 13th of February 2014, closes on the 6th of March and the winner will be announced at the awards ceremony on 18th March in Singapore: /9874.aspx
Shortlisted media campaigns include live events, experiential activation and digital content creation; with record-breaking brands selected from Greater China, Indonesia, Vietnam, Malaysia and Singapore. The full shortlist for the Record-breaking Brand award is:
1. Ariel P&G, Vietnam, Most people hand-washing fabric simultaneously (single location)
2. Berjaya Times Square, Malaysia, Largest Capsule Vending Machine
3. P.T. Dokter Toy, Indonesia, Most people playing a board game simultaneously
4. Fiji Airways, Fiji, Highest altitude wedding on an aircraft
5. Foreign Language Teaching and Research Press (FTLRP), China, Most people to write a story
6. Asia Pacific Breweries, Singapore, Farthest beer bottle slide
7. International Commerce Centre (ICC), Hong Kong, Largest light and sound show on a single building
8. Konica Minolta Business Solutions (HK) Limited, Hong Kong, Most participants in a static cycling relay in 12 hours
9. Philips AVENT, China, Largest online photo album of handwritten notes
10. Sohu, China, Largest smartphone ensemble
11. Superga, Hong Kong, Largest shoe
12. The Floor by O!, Sri Lanka, Most cocktails commercially available
13. Encyclopedia Britannica and Taichung City, Taiwan, The Most Pop Ups In A Pop Up Book
14. Breeze Activbleach, Philippines, The Most People Handwashing Fabric Simultaneoulsy (in a single location)
Commenting on the partnership with Festival of Media, Alistair Richards, Global President of Guinness World Records, said: "We are proud to have worked with the world's leading brands to capture the power of record-breaking for their businesses. With Festival of Media, and its global award series, we are pleased to recognize our record holders who use Guinness World Records achievements in ever-more creative, innovative media campaigns. All those on the shortlist are deserving of the accolade, but it is up to the industry to determine which campaign will walk away with the award."
Charlie Crowe, Chairman & Editor in Chief of C Squared Group, commented, "We are very excited to partner with Guinness World Record through our 2014 Festival events in Singapore, Rome and Miami. We are particularly proud to be able to introduce to the market a new category recognizing impactful brands and their creative record breaking media campaigns across the globe."
Festival of Media is created by C Squared Networks Ltd, the UK-based business publishing, events and technology brand.
About Guinness World Records
GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS (GWR) is the universally recognised global authority on record-breaking achievement. First published in 1955, the annual GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS book has gone on to become one of the biggest-selling copyright titles of all time, selling over 2.7 million copies a year. Since its launch nearly 60 years ago over 130 million copies - including 400,000 e-books - have been sold in 20 languages, in more than 100 countries. The internationally renowned brand is also available across a number of platforms; GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS global television shows are watched by 750 million viewers annually, over 420,000 subscribe to the GWR YouTube channel, the global website receives 12 million viewers annually and the brand has 2 million fans on Facebook. In 2013, OFFICIALLY AMAZING became the registered trademark of Guinness World Records Limited. Please visit www.guinnessworldrecords.com.
Alexsandra De Almeida
C Squared Networks Ltd
for Festival of Media
T: +44 20 7367 6990
Guinness World Records
T: +44 20 7891 4518
Topic: Sponsorship of Event
Source: Festival of Media Asia Pacific
Sectors: Film & Video, Broadcast, Film & Sat
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2022 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.