KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 9, 2010 - (ACN Newswire) - The 9th Annual Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility (AFCSR) 2010 will bring over 50 international speakers from 18 countries to present in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. GTZ made this possible as it demonstrated its strong support for this year as the Co-Presenter of the conference. The event will be held at the Crowne Plaza Mutiara, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on October 21 - 22, 2010.
GTZ, together with Intel, other sponsors and partners, helps bringing together senior business executives, government officials and major NGO's throughout the Asian region to share Worldwide CSR Thinking and Experience. This year's theme is "Improving Business Competitiveness through CSR."
GTZ is a federally owned organisation operating worldwide in the field of international cooperation for sustainable develop-ment to support the German Government in achieving its development objectives. GTZ provides viable, forward-looking solutions for political, economic, ecological and social develop-ment in a globalised world and promotes complex reforms and change processes to improve people's lives on a sustainable basis.
GTZ is based in Eschborn near Frankfurt am Main, Germany. Most of its activities are commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). GTZ also operates on behalf of other German ministries, the governments of other countries and international clients - such as the European Commission, the United Nations and the World Bank - as well as for private companies. GTZ acts on a public-benefit basis, channelling all surpluses back into our own international cooperation projects for sustainable development.
GTZ has operations in 128 countries in Africa, Asia, Latin America, the Mediterranean and Middle East regions, as well as in Europe, Caucasus and Central Asia and maintains own offices in 88 countries. GTZ employs almost 15,000 staff worldwide, more than 11,000 of whom are national personnel. About 1,800 people work at Head Office in Eschborn and elsewhere in Germany. (www.gtz.de/en)
"More and more companies recognise that the commitment to economically, ecologically and socially sustainable development pays off: Where poverty fades, markets grow. Where companies can access qualified and healthy employees, productivity and competitiveness improve. Therefore, CSR is about pursuing the immediate corporate interest and about the common goal of a sustainable future." (Jorg Hartmann)
Mr. Jorg Hartmann, Executive Director, Center for Cooperation with the Private Sector, German Technical Cooperation (Germany) is one among the international speakers in AFCSR 2010.
Other prominent speakers are Mr. Hiroshi Amemiya, Founder and CEO, Corporate Citizenship Japan Limited (Japan); Dr. Bradley K. Googins, Director Emeritus - Center for Corporate Citizenship and Associate Professor, Carroll School of Management, Boston College (USA); Dr. Ralph Sorenson, Professor Emeritus, University of Colorado (USA); Ms. Yashashree Gurjar, Group Head - CSR, Avantha Group (India); Mr. David Newbigging, Chairman, Cancer Research UK; Dato Paduka Timothy Ong, Acting Chairman, Brunei Economic Development Board (Brunei Darussalam); Prof. Jeffrey FK Phang, Assistant Professor, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman (Malaysia); and Dato Ghazali Yusoff, Executive Chairman, Nusantara Technologies Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia).
AFCSR 2010 is also supported by its Official Industry Partners, Avantha Group, Lopez Group Foundation, Inc., and Oishi (Liwayway Marketing Corporation). The Coca-Cola Export Corporation and Sagittarius Mines, Inc. are Cooperating Partners.
AFCSR's notable partners include:
- ActionAid International Vietnam
- ASEAN Foundation
- Asia Pacific Philanthropy Consortium
- Asia Society
- Baltic Management Development Association (BMDA)
- Business Ethics Institute of Malaysia (BEIM)
- Business in the Community-UK
- Center for Development and Integration - Vietnam
- Center for International Business Ethics (CIBE) - China
- Centre for Social Markets - India
- Chinese Federation for Corporate Social Responsibility (CFCSR)
- Community Business - Hong Kong
- Confederation of Asia-Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry
- Council for Better Corporate Citizenship - Japan
- CSR Europe
- Euro-China Centre for Leadership and Responsibility at China-Europe
- International Business School (ECCLAR at CEIBS)
- Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative (GRLI)
- Habitat for Humanity International
- Indonesia Business Links
- International Business Leaders Forum
- Kenan Institute Asia
- League of Corporate Foundations - Philippines
- Makati Business Club
- Management Association of the Philippines
- Management Institute for Social Change - Malaysia
- National Center for Sustainability Reporting - Indonesia
- Pacific Asian Consortium for International Business Education and Research
- Philippine Business for Social Progress
- Population and Community Development Association of Thailand
- PPM Institute of Management - Indonesia
- Responsible Business Initiative - Pakistan
- Singapore Compact for CSR
- Women in Sustainability Action (WISA)
The Public Relations Partners are Integrated Public Relations - Malaysia as the Official PR Partner with APCO Worldwide - China, Creative Crest - India, SRI Vietnam and PR Society of Indonesia. Official media partners include ammado, ACN Newswire, ANC, BusinessWorld, Charitarian Magazine, ChinaCSR.com, China CSR Map, China Newswire, China Philanthropy Times, CSR Asia, Employer Magazine, The Green Channel, International Herald Tribune, Management Systems Asia, Philippine Daily Inquirer, philstar.com, Sin Chew Daily, Syntao, TBL, Trainer Magazine and Utusan Malaysia.
The 2010 AFCSR is co-chaired by AIM Governors Ybhg. Tun Dato Seri (Dr.) Ahmad Sarji Bin Abdul Hamid and Ybhg. Tan Sri Dato (Dr.) Lin See Yan, and Mr. Ramon R. del Rosario, Jr.
The AFCSR is presented by the AIM RVR Center and co-presented by GTZ (German Technical Cooperation), and Intel; and runs in Collaboration with AIM Kelab Malaysia and Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman-Center for Sustainable Development and CSR (UTAR/CSR).
The event manager for the AFCSR is Exedra Events. For further information on the Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility, please visit www.asianforumcsr.com
Tel: +632 812 6289
Topic: Press release summary
Source: Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility (AFCSR)
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2022 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.