|Conferences to Address Key Trends and Issues which will Impact the Current and Future State of Food and Hospitality Industry|
SINGAPORE, Apr 3, 2012 - (ACN Newswire) - The highly anticipated Food&HotelAsia2012 (FHA2012) Conferences will bring together more than 20 world-leading industry experts and powerful speakers from the food and hospitality businesses from the 17 to 20 April 2012 at the Singapore Expo.
"FHA2012 Conferences presents a truly all-embracing platform where industry professionals can fully assess the big picture of the food and hospitality industry and gain thought-leadership insights from hospitality and restaurant operations as well as technology milestones and solutions," affirms Mr. Stephen Tan, Chief Executive of show organiser, Singapore Exhibition Services (SES).
This year's comprehensive conference programme combines world-leading speakers and visionary leaders discussing the latest industry trends and topics which will make an impact on the current and future state of the food and hospitality industry in Asia and Singapore.
Topics which will be addressed include the latest Asian market outlook, luxury travel, sustainability, retaining and attracting talent in the hospitality sector; and new technology platforms (e.g. mobile, cloud computing, social media) which will allow tech-savvy hoteliers and restaurateurs to streamline their operations, as well as to enhance their customer's experience with well-integrated systems and solutions.
These conferences, including new segments such as CEO Insights, Hospitality Technology Conference, Consumer Trends & Food Technologies Forum and Wholesome Bakery Masterclass; as well as the revamped Food Safety & Supply Forum and Hospitality Operations & Design Conference, will bring together industry's big wigs and award-winning project luminaries to share valuable market insights on growth opportunities and challenges in Asia, solutions and new insights on hospitality and restaurant operations and designs, technology milestones in the hospitality and restaurant industries, food safety culture development and cold chain management consumer trends and food technology innovations, as well as developments in healthy baking. Featured forums and key speakers include:
Key Industry Speakers
- Mr. Eric Levy, Managing Director of Tourism Solutions International Pte. Ltd.
- Mr. Friedrich G Mahler, President of NESTLE PROFESSIONAL Asia, Oceania and Africa
- Mr. Guy Kurkjian, President of World Food Safety Organization
- Mr. Gerald Lee, CEO of Far East Organization Hospitality Asset Management
- Mr. Robert Hecker, Managing Director of Horwath HTL in Asia Pacific
- Mr. Robert McIntosh, Executive Director of CBRE Hotels, Asia Pacific Hospitality Operations & Design Conference
- Mr. Jean-Luc Fourrier, Hospitality & Restaurant Concept Solutions, Living the Experience
- Mr. John Sloane, Vice President of Food & Beverages of Resorts World Sentosa
- Mr. Patrick Lawrence, Vice President, Design & Construction Asia of Fairmont Raffles Hotels International
Hospitality Technology Forum
- Mr. Dale McAllister, Director of WAW Consulting
- Mr.Patrick Manuel, Director, International Technology of Royal Caribbean International
- Mr. Ron DiNella, Former Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Morton's Restaurant Group
Food Safety & Supply Forum
- Mr. Alfred Cheung, Co-founder of Green Society Association Limited
- Mr. Chong Nyet Chin, Director of Food Safety and Quality of NTUC Fairprice
- Ms. Melissa Ho, General Manager of Singapore Food Industries
Consumer Trends & Food Technologies Forum
- Mr. Declan MacFadden, Regional President of Asia Pacific, Symrise
- Dr. I. Sandford Schwartz, Chief Executive Officer of Smith Naturals Co. Ltd
- Mr. Johan Sanders, Innovation Director of Sara Lee
- Ms Marg Will, CEO of Organic Systems and Solutions
As a preview to the Food&HotelAsia2012 conferences, a panel discussion on "Growth of Singapore's Hospitality Industry and Trends for 2012" was held on 3 April 2012 at Klapsons, Boutique Hotel with two leading hospitality industry experts in Asia, to present insights and predictions on Asia's thriving hospitality industry.
"The hospitality industry is thriving in Asia and Singapore is in a very good position to leverage this surge in growth. In order to remain competitive and to address the government's current stricter rules on hiring foreign manpower, the hospitality industry needs to find new ways in attracting and retaining the right talent to push it to the next level," said Mr. Robert Hecker, Managing Director of Horwath HTL in Asia Pacific.
"We have realised many "macro trends" in terms of tourism and one of them is that Asia has above average worldwide economic growth. With continued stability and the increased disposable income from Asia's middle class, Asian travelers will increasingly drive tourism within the region with India and China having significant impact. In China alone, 3.3 billion domestic trips are expected by 2015 and outbound travel to reach 100 million by end of decade," said Mr Eric Levy, Managing Director of Tourism Solutions International Pte Ltd.
FHA2012 (Food&HotelAsia2012), the biennial mega trade event for the food and hospitality industry, returns for its 18th showing with an even stronger line-up of products and services. Biggest international event of its kind in Asia, the 18th edition of FHA will open from 17 - 20 April 2012.
FHA2012 will spotlight specialised shows that encompass all the significant sectors of the food and hospitality industry namely FoodAsia, HotelAsia, Bakery&Pastry, HospitalityStyleAsia and HospitalityTechnology. Each show is specially tailored for the increasing sophisticated needs of the food and hospitality industry. Please visit www.foodnhotelasia.com for more information.
Event at a glance
Date: 17-20 April 2012 (Tuesday-Friday)
Time: 17-19 April 2012 (Tuesday-Thurs): 1000hrs-1800hrs
20 April 2012 (Friday): 1000hrs-1600hrs
Venue: Singapore Expo, Halls 1-9
Admission: For business and trade visitors only
For details to register as a visitor, please visit http://www.foodnhotelasia.com/pre-registration/?newsignin.
For details to register for conference programmes, please visit http://www.foodnhotelasia.com/fees-registration-1.
Singapore Exhibition Services
June Seah/Gillian Loo
Sheena Cheong/Aaron Tan
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
Sectors: Trade Shows, Food & Beverage
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2022 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.