|- GE to Introduce Two New, Innovative Products, Delivering Unprecedented Energy Efficiency, Improved Productivity and Higher Levels of Water Recovery |
- GE to Spotlight Its ZeeWeed*, LEAPmbr*, Analytical Instruments and TrueSense* Technologies for Water and Wastewater Management and Treatment
SINGAPORE, July 2, 2012 - (ACN Newswire) - GE (NYSE: GE) will introduce new advanced technologies and showcase products and services that are helping its industrial and municipal customers solve their toughest water challenges at Singapore International Water Week (SIWW), July 1-5.
"We have chosen SIWW - which has become a preeminent global water industry event - to again introduce our latest industry-leading advances in water innovation," said Heiner Markhoff, president and CEO - water and process technologies for GE Power & Water. "Our research and development is focused squarely on improving our customers' productivity, advancing water quality, reducing energy costs and helping customers meet or exceed environmental standards. Our new Integrated Pump and Energy Recover Device (IPER) and AquaSel* non-thermal brine concentrator demonstrate that we are delivering the technology advances our customers need and continuing our momentum of innovation following last year's successful introduction of LEAPmbr*, GE's next-generation MBR wastewater treatment technology."
This week GE will unveil its patented IPER system, a game-changing innovation in pumping and energy recovery. GE's IPER can deliver desalinated water at 10 percent less energy than the current best available technology. IPER provides energy efficiencies in a number of critical areas such as using a positive displacement pump with efficiencies at larger flow rates, recovering energy to use in the piston action, minimizing power losses with innovative valve technology and a sophisticated control system. In addition to the significant efficiency improvements, the IPER also eliminates mixing brine into the feed stream and the need for variable frequency drives.
Also being showcased by GE at SIWW is AquaSel, a new non-thermal brine concentrator (NTBC) that is designed to achieve greater than 99 percent water recovery in the ingredient water room - greatly improving the water-use ratio of production facilities. AquaSel is a patented system that runs at very high recovery on reverse osmosis (RO) reject water - producing a clean filtrate stream plus a small blowdown stream and dry salt cake for disposal. The filtrate produced also has a TDS at or below the raw water and can be looped back to the front of the ingredient water system.
Other highlights of GE's water and process technology portfolio that will be featured during SIWW at Booth #P02 include:
- GE's ZeeWeed* hollow-fiber membrane technology for ultrafiltration offers low life-cycle costs for water filtration, wastewater treatment and reuse. Ideally suited for municipal and industrial drinking water, tertiary and water reuse applications, ZeeWeed technology extends the life of RO systems, significantly reduces biological fouling and decreases cleaning intervals and system power consumption.
- Membrane Bioreactor (MBR) - MBR is for virtually all wastewater treatment applications. MBR systems offer extremely compact footprints, simplified operation and consistently higher quality effluent than conventional wastewater treatment systems.
- GE's LEAPmbr* product line, which was introduced at SIWW 2011, is GE's next-generation MBR wastewater treatment technology. LEAPmbr addresses water quality and operational cost issues faced by owners of municipal, industrial and residential wastewater treatment facilities worldwide. This technology offers the lowest life-cycle costs available from any MBR technology, yet is cost-competitive with conventional water treatment alternatives.
- GE's High Efficiency Reverse Osmosis (HERO*) process is part of the GE Modular Ultrapure Pure Water (UPW) Plant, which provides the microelectronics industry with equipment, services, balance of plant and more. The GE HERO Plant provides high-purity water and can treat UPW makeup, UPW Fab rinse recycle and reclaim, local scrubber blowdown and hydrofluoric acid water treatment and reclamation.
- Analytical instruments - GE offers Total Organic Carbon analyzers and other water quality measurement instruments, including the GE, Sievers and Leakwise brands. These state-of-the-art instruments are designed and manufactured for simpler, faster and more accurate analytical measurement and control.
TrueSense* advanced cooling solutions integrate three unique functionalities into one platform: direct online monitoring of critical water chemistries; personal instrumentation that dramatically cuts offline testing time; and a powerful data analysis and display capability that provides deep insight into system status.
* Trademark of the General Electric Company, may be registered in one or more countries.
M + 65.9727 4500
Edelman for GE Energy
M +65 9773 4015
Topic: Trade Show or Conference
Source: Singapore International Water Week (SIWW)
Sectors: Water, Environment, ESG
From the Asia Corporate News Network
Copyright © 2022 ACN Newswire. All rights reserved. A division of Asia Corporate News Network.